Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I make this cake quite often because is easy, light and moist from apples. I love it the day I make it my DH prefers it next day If there is any! You can use different type of fruit like pears or cherry.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (370 F).
- Butter baking pan 21x31 cm. (12x8 inch).
- Peal,quater and core apples (you need 12pc). Make lengthwise cuts on the outer rounded side 1/8inch.apart so the apple quater still holds together. Set a side.
- In medium bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, lemon zest and mix until combines.
- Then add milk alternately with flour+baking powder.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and put apples over the bater but don't push them down.
- Sprinkle with raisins If you like.
- Brush apples with melted butter and sprinkle little bit of sugar over the top of the cake.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes.
- Let it cool and cut in 12 squares.
This cake was moist, sweet , and delicious. Zaar gave really weird conversions to the U.S. system so I had to wing it. The 8 oz. of butter was probably a bit excessive so I would cut back a bit next time. I used 1 1/4 cups of flour and nearly a cup of milk. I used lemon juice instead of zest and sprinkled with cinnamon. Yum! Made for PAC Spring '08