Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Utterly delectable! The best Apple Cake I have ever made or tasted! I always use Granny Smiths, but any other tart apple would probably taste as good!
- 5 apples, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice or 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease an 11 x 9" cake pan.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs, apple juice, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Spread half of the batter into the prepared pan. Evenly sprinkle the chopped apple over the batter. Evenly sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar over the apples. Then, spread the rest of the batter evenly over the cinnamon and finish with sprinkling the rest of the cinnamon sugar over the second layer of batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
This was a fabulous recipe! I was tempted to make some substitutions to make it a little healthier, but decided to go all out. And I'm glad I did! This cake was very moist and the tart apples paired perfectly with the sweet cake. I used the OJ, and was wondering if the cake would tasted at all orange-ish, but it didn't. I also thought the baking time would be too long as it browned quite a bit earlier than I thought, but the inside was perfect and VERY moist. The only change I made was to use a 9x13 pan, which worked great, the cake was still plenty thick. Good thing we have leftovers, because I am looking forward to eating more! Thanks so much for posting this.