Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was adapted from Giada De Laurentiis's Apple and Walnut Torta recipe (from the Food Network).
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups diced peeled apples (about 2 apples)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the apples and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 8 by 8 by 2-inch glass baking dish or 8-inch cake pan. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- To serve, while still warm cut into squares or wedges and serve with ice cream.