Recipe by Donna S.
I received this recipe from my sister in law. A real treat and economical to make.
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 5 apples, cored, peeled and sliced baking type such as McIntosh, Rome, Cortland, Granny Smith
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 5 tablespoons sugar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil, vanilla, orange juice and eggs.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixed batter into the bundt pan. Top with a layer of 1/2 of the apple slices and 1/2 of the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Top with the remaining batter. Then add the remaining apple slices, followed by the remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- NOTE: Let cake cool before serving so that the cake sets up. You will get a nicer presentation when you serve the slices.