- Add the first 3 ingredients to a saucepan; heat until chips have melted; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, cake mix, and butter until coarse crumbs form (I use a pastry blender); set 1 cup of mixture aside and press remaining crumbs into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Spread apple mixture on top; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Combine reserved crumb mixture with brown sugar and wheat germ.
- Layer over apple mixture.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 35-45 degrees; cool at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.