Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this at a cooking convention summer of 06. Rich and decadent and so worth it!
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely shredded tart apples
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 2⁄3 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell (2-cup volume)
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE eggs, corn syrup, apple, butter, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in nuts and morsels.
- Pour into pie shell.
- BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.
I just made this pie. Both, my husband and I love it.. It is wonderful. A winner for sure.
I've been looking for something to do with the butterscotch chips my husband bought on accident for a long time now. I was pleased to find this recipe. First, I measured the apples and still had too much filling for one pie. The bottom of my oven is wearing a lot of goo. That aside, I did not care for the taste so much, mainly because I just felt the butterscotch flavor was too overpowering for the apples. However, this received excellent reviews from the others who devoured this pie. Thank you!