1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This one is from a Family Circle Magazine (2001). Great fall soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large granny smith apples, cored, peeled and cut into eighths
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Half squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- 3Cut each half into thirds and peel.
- 4Place squash, onion and carrot in single layer in baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- 5Stir to coat.
- 6Roast vegetables for 1 hour, until tender, turning vegetables over halfway through.
- 7Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan.
- 8Add apples, broth, and salt.
- 9Simmer, covered for 30 minutes until apples are tender.
- 10Add thyme and pepper, stir.
- 11Process soup in batches.
- 12Portion into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs if desired.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butternut Squash Soup
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 1049.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 6.6 g