Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
This one is from a Family Circle Magazine (2001). Great fall soup!
Make and share this Apple Butternut Squash Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large granny smith apples, cored, peeled and cut into eighths
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Half squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Cut each half into thirds and peel.
- Place squash, onion and carrot in single layer in baking dish and drizzle with melted butter.
- Stir to coat.
- Roast vegetables for 1 hour, until tender, turning vegetables over halfway through.
- Transfer vegetables to a large saucepan.
- Add apples, broth, and salt.
- Simmer, covered for 30 minutes until apples are tender.
- Add thyme and pepper, stir.
- Process soup in batches.
- Portion into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme sprigs if desired.