Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 package spice cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups tart apples, peeled and grated
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 container duncan hines buttercream frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine cake mix, buttermilk, oil, eggs, 2 tablespoons syrup and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed with electric mixer until moistened.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in apples and nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons syrup with frosting.
- Stir until blended.
- Frost cake with frosting.
- Garnish as desired.