1/7 Photos of Apple Butterflies
Your kids will fly right home for these delicious after-school nutritious snacks that look like beautiful butterflies. Add a few raisins on each "apple wing" and they transform into butterflies with spotted wings. Spice up the flavor by adding 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to the peanut butter. From Pillsbury.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spoon 2 tablespoons peanut butter onto center of each of 4 individual plates. Shape peanut butter on each plate into a mound about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Place 1 carrot down center of each mound of peanut butter.
- 2Cut apple into quarters; remove core. Cut each quarter into 7 thin slices; cut 1 slice in half crosswise. Fan 3 apple slices on each side near top of each carrot to form upper wings. Place 1 half-slice on each side near bottom of each carrot to form lower wings.
- 3Place 2 strips of celery at top of each carrot to form antennae. Sprinkle apple slices with decorator sugar (optional).
- 4Decorate wings with raisins, craisins, peas, fruit loops or Cheerios.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butterflies
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.1
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 8.2 g