Recipe by Marie
These delightful cookies are really good served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl with electric mixer, beat butter & sugar at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk & apple butter and mix well.
- Add flour, cinnamon, apple pie spice & vanilla and beat until well blended at low speed.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 6" disc and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Place one disc of dough into ungreased 9" round pie plate.
- With lightly floured hand, press dough into plate, covering plate completely.
- Flute edges.
- Deeply score into 8 wedges and using fork, prick surface all over.
- Repeat with remaining disc of dough & another pie plate.
- Bake 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Cut into wedges.