This is a recipe for stovetop Tzimmes. It is great for camping and for a quick and easy side dish at home. This produces a lot of extra liquid which is more or less, apple butter, which can be soaked up with challah. Also can be prepared in a crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel Carrots and Yams, chop yams and carrots into large pieces and add to saucepan.
- 2Add water and put on high heat until boiling.
- 3After boiling, reduce heat and cover.
- 4Heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Cut fruit into smaller pieces and stir into saucepan.
- 6Heat for another 10 minutes until everything is soft.
- 7Reduce heat and add Honey and Apple Butter. Stir occasionally until everything is saturated.
- 9For Thicker Tzimmes, set heat to low, and reduce, stirring occasionally.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter Tzimmes
Serving Size: 1 (457 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 818.4
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 205.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 90.7 g
- Protein 6.4 g