Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe for stovetop Tzimmes. It is great for camping and for a quick and easy side dish at home. This produces a lot of extra liquid which is more or less, apple butter, which can be soaked up with challah. Also can be prepared in a crock pot.
- Peel Carrots and Yams, chop yams and carrots into large pieces and add to saucepan.
- Add water and put on high heat until boiling.
- After boiling, reduce heat and cover.
- Heat for 10 minutes.
- Cut fruit into smaller pieces and stir into saucepan.
- Heat for another 10 minutes until everything is soft.
- Reduce heat and add Honey and Apple Butter. Stir occasionally until everything is saturated.
- For Thicker Tzimmes, set heat to low, and reduce, stirring occasionally.