Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The marinade sounds a bit odd, but it is really quite good.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place the steak on a plate.
- Mix the remaining items together and rub 2 Tbs onto the steak, both sides.
- Marinate for 1/2 hour and then broil on an oven rack to your liking.
- Slice the steak across the grain of the meat and place the pieces in an oven proof dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the meat and place under th broiler for just a few moments, allowing it to glaze a bit Serve.
Good! We enjoyed this and loved the hint of apple butter. Made on the grill so my results were a little different. Next time I'd double the marinade and marinate longer. Would also reduce the green onions just becuase I thought they overwhelmed the other flavors a bit. Thanks for sharing the recipe!