Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A friend of mine served this today and shared her recipe. I cannot believe how good this was - what a combination!
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 cup pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk (or half-n-half)
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
- Combine apple butter, pumpkin, sugar, salt & spices in bowl.
- Mix well.
- Stir in beaten eggs.
- Add milk slowly and mix well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in 425º oven 40 minutes or until set.
Thanks CindiJ for a great recipe! I just made a batch of apple butter, so adding it to pumpkin pie sounded so delicious. I made this pie for our Thanksgiving party and everyone loved it. I added more cinnamon because I like a lot of spice in my pumpkin pie, so I added 1 teaspoon. Wonderful flavors and it's worth the five stars. I will make it year after year for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
This is really good! My mom cooked some sugar pumpkin last weekend and saved me some so I could make this for Thanksgiving. I used Red-Hot Apple Butter Crock Pot for the apple butter so the pie was very spice heavy, which I loved. My crust started to get pretty dark after 25 minutes or so; I tried to cover it but didn't have a lot of luck (didn't want to burn myself!) Next time I will cover the edge for about 15 minutes at the beginning, then uncover for the remaining bake time. Everyone loved this yesterday. Thanks so much for the recipe!
I'm an Activity Director in a Nursing Home and my Residents made this one morning for our cooking club. This recipe is great b/c it's easy enough for them to do almost unsupervised while preparing something else, and it tastes delicious!!