Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Delicious, best served over couscous or rice
- 2 lbs smoked pork chops
- 2 cups apple butter
- 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 5 red apples
- Combine apple butter, Italian seasoning and tapioca in crock pot.
- Peel and slice apples put in crock pot.
- Put pork chops on top of apples and spoon sauce over all.
- Cook on low 5-6 hrs or high 3-3 1/2 hours.
When I made these, I left out the tapioca and the apples. This is now theonly way I will make pork chops. As to the other comment about too much apple butter - I didn't consume all the apple buuter but assumed it was needed to keep the pork moist while cooking.
This was easy to mix together and since the chop are smoked you just need to get them warmed up in the crockpot. I think we would have liked these better if I used just 1 cup of apple butter. And maybe the tapioca and seasoning amounts can stay the same. I liked the taste of the italian seasoning in the apple butter. But it was just to much apple butter on the chops for us. Who knows maybe the different brands could have something to do with the taste also. Thanks for posting