Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
I thought I would share some of my favorites, These are some that I have to make quite often.
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, For top
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells, unbaked
- Cool Whip
- preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine egg, sugar,apple butter, flour and milk,mix well.
- Pour into pie shell.
- top with sprinkled cinnamon.
- bake 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- let Cool .
- top with cool whip.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Used Recipe #143307 and result was a mild, milk custard pie with a hint of flavor from the apple butter. I wonder if ingredients are correctly listed? This took 1 1/2 hrs baking time before it set up to an edible consistency, and had to be chilled before serving. I would increase the apple butter and reduce the evaporated milk next time. Thanks for sharing the recipe!