Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Better Homes and Gardens
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups apple butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a 10-inch fluted tube pan; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, and cloves; set aside.
- In a big bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer on med-high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add sugars, beating until combined.
- Beat in eggs, apple butter, and milk.
- Add flour mixture, beating just until combined.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan; cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Make icing--in a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla.
- Stir in enough warm water to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle Vanilla Icing over cake; cool completely.
Delicious spice cake with rich butter vanilla glaze. Perfect