Recipe by MadCity Dale
My First attempt at using a food mill-recipe found inside the food mill given to me by a long time acquantance.
- 12 lbs apples
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 6 cups sugar (or splenda)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- wash, core, slice apples.
- cook in a little cider juice until soft.
- press through food mill
- add rest of cider and bring to a boil.
- add sugar and spices, stir occasionally
- simmer several hours until thick [heaps in a spoon].
- should be a dark brown color.
- can cook in a nesco electric slow cooker for 24 hours.
- freeze or process 10 minutes in a hot water bath.