MadCity Dale's Note:
My First attempt at using a food mill-recipe found inside the food mill given to me by a long time acquantance.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1wash, core, slice apples.
- 2cook in a little cider juice until soft.
- 3press through food mill
- 4add rest of cider and bring to a boil.
- 5add sugar and spices, stir occasionally
- 6simmer several hours until thick [heaps in a spoon].
- 7should be a dark brown color.
- 8can cook in a nesco electric slow cooker for 24 hours.
- 9freeze or process 10 minutes in a hot water bath.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter - Old Fashioned
Serving Size: 1 (11748 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 723.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 189.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 166.1 g
- Protein 1.7 g