Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
I was looking for a way to use Crock Pot Apple Butter #93886. (I made it with half the sugar.) This was a hit with the oatmeal lover in the house. I'll take their word for it because I can't make myself like it no matter how hard I try. This makes a child size portion.
- 1⁄4 cup oatmeal (I use old fashioned oats)
- 1⁄2 cup milk (you could use water)
- 2 tablespoons apple butter, heaping
- Bring milk and oatmeal to a boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Transfer to bowl and add apple butter. Stir and enjoy.
Good oatmeal! I love oatmeal and I love apple butter so I knew I'd like this. A great, no-fuss way to get apple-cinnamon oatmeal - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2009
I used 1 tblsp Danish apple spread in place of the apple butter, what a great idea. was very yummy served with some vanilla yoghurt. Thanks!