Top Review by Barb 3663
Excellent. It was a good year for apples, so I got carried away with apple butter. Searching for recipes to use it up, I found this one. They baked up beautifully. I also left out the raisins, but will add them next time, or some chopped or dried apples. Thank you for sharing!!
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and make a well in the center.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into the"well" of the dry ingredients and stir just to combine (10 to 15 strokes).
- Fold in raisins with as few strokes as possible.
- Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups (if you don't use muffin liners, spray the pan with cooking spray).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to cooling rack and cool 5 minutes before removing muffins from tin.
- (Do*not* let muffins cool completely in the tin.).