Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins freeze well and can be heated in the microwave for quick meals.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄3 cup apple butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, spice
- and salt in bowl; mix well.
- Mix egg, milk and oil in bowl.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just until moist.
- Drop rounded tspful into muffin cups.
- Top with rounded tspfuls apple butter; fill 3/4 full with remaining batter.
- Combine pecans and sugar in bowl; mix well.
- Sprinkle on to of muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Makes 12.
This is a really good Apple Butter Muffin recipe. I even use the batter as a base for other muffins. I didn't change a thing and follow the recipe.
Best muffins I have ever made. I like them sweet so added a bit more sugar. I will try them with other flavors of jam.
Tasty little muffins. Very easy to make, I used a small cookie scoop to put the first layer of batter in the muffin cup then a tsp of sugar free apple butter then another scoop of batter. The topping amount and sweetness was right on. I think a little more nutmeg and these would taste llike a baked donut. Mine baked up in 15 minutes at 400. Thanks for sharing this recipe and one I will be making again.