Recipe by Zwerg
This is the recipe my Grandma used to make. I've tried others with regrets, but this is the Best!!!
Top Review by Pastor Rob and Becca
My wife and I made this... Three quarts... It was gone within two weeks.ibelieve I ate a whole quart, myself... Wow it was good. Good on cornbread muffins too. Just like at Cracker Barrel
- 4 1⁄2 lbs tart cooking apples, peeled, cored and quartered (about 15 medium)
- 4 cups apple cider or 4 cups apple juice
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- In an 8 or 10 quart pot combine apples and cider or juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then puree in a food processor or blender. Return to pot. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cook uncovered, over very low heat 11/2 hours or till very thick, stirring often.
- Ladle into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jars rims; place lids on jars and screw on the jar rings. Process in boiling-water canner 5 minutes (start timing when water begins to boil). Remove jars and cool on racks. Makes 5-6 half-pints.