Violet #2's Note:
This is a nice, tasty apple butter. Makes a good gift.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core and thickly slice apples. (should have 30 cups of sliced apples).
- 2Place in a 10 quart Dutch Oven. Add water or cider. Bring to a boil,.
- 3reduce heat. Cover and cook until apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
- 4Stir occasionally. Press through food mill or sieve, and return to.
- 5dutch oven. Boil mixture gently uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring.
- 6frequently with long handled spoon until mixture is of desired thickness.
- 7about 1 3/4 hour. Stir in spices, cook and stir for 15 minutes more.
- 8Pour into 11-12 hot half pint jars (or 6 pint jars) Adjust lids and.
- 9process pints 5 minute quarts 10 minute in a boiling water bath canner.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter for Canning
Serving Size: 1 (571 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 140.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 113.3 g
- Protein 1.0 g