Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried these as yet. They are for a board request for an apple cinnamon cookie ;)
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- cinnamon sugar (for sprinkling on top of cookies)
- Preheat oven to 350° Place rack in center position Cream together butter/margarine, brown sugar, molasses and apple butter; Mix in egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and allspice.
- With a wooden spoon, mix together dry ingredients with wet ingredients and raisins if using until well combined.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until'springy' in the center Remove and cool on wire rack.
Decent cookie, but a little too chewy and not sweet enough. <br/>I refrigerated the dough for 1.5 hours so I did not have the problem with the dough being thin.<br/>Substituted 3T of honey for the molasses as I did not have any.
These were a pretty good cookie. The dough was very thin so the cookies spread out and were kinda chewy. They had a good flavor that reminded me of gingerbread cookies. Thanks for a good recipe for using up apple butter.