Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A very rich and spicy bundt cake... this is an online recipe that I adjusted a bit. I managed to run out of flour while I was making this and only had self-rising flour, so I omitted the baking powder and salt; I've also toned down the cloves a bit (the original recipe calls for a whole teaspoon). You could do an icing for this cake, but I think a dusting of confectioners' sugar is just enough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 4 cups self-rising flour (*)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup beer (something kind of light)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- *Ifyou don't have self-rising flour, you can use regular all-purpose flour and add 2 tsp.
- baking powder and 1/4 tsp.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add apple butter, orange juice, and honey; mix well.
- Toss raisins and walnuts in a small amount of the flour.
- Add sifted, combined dry ingredients alternately with beer, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in the flour-coated raisins and walnuts.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Dust top and sides with confectioners' sugar.