Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Onl 3 WW points
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk or 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Add the apple butter, milk, egg, egg substitute, and vanilla and beat just until smooth.
- Stir in coconut if desired.
- Spread the batter into a 9x9” baking pan that has been coated with Pam.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes (or until fork or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Set aside to cool.
- Prepare glaze by blending sugar with apple juice concentrate in a small bowl.
- Spread over cooled cake and cut into 10 bars.
Very good. I added about 3 tbsp of flaxseed meal to the dry ingredients. I omitted the glaze (to shave off a few calories) and these were still very good and moist.
Very yummy! I used all whole wheat flour (I cut the recipe in half) & used Splenda brown sugar. I used skim milk & used Applesauce topping Applesauce Topping (For Pancakes or Oatmeal) for the apple butter-it's not called apple butter but the ingredients worked! Baked up nice & moist. Had a light, sweet cinnamon flavor. Am planning crumbling it over my vanilla yogurt for a treat!
My family can't get enough of these delicious treats. Friends of my kids have asked for the recipe. I prefer to bake the bars in a 9x13 pan for 15-18 min. for a more convenient size. They're good with or without the glaze and 3/4 C. grated or finely chopped apple make a nice addition.