1/2 Photos of Apple Butter Bread
1 hr 10 mins
1 hr 5 mins
I found this through my electric co-op magazine and boy am I ever glad I did. Truly a nice moist quick bread. The key to this bread is obtaining a dark, rich apple butter - the darker the better for flavor. I used White House Apple Butter which was wonderful and outside of my mom's fresh homemade apple butter it is the best I've tried. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the apple butter, cinnamon and cloves.
- 2Whisk in the water, then oil, then brown sugar, then the eggs (not all together). Mix until smooth.
- 3Sift together (important so you don't get white lumps in your dark bread), flour, baking soda and salt. Then combine with the apple butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- 4Pour into a greased 9-inch loaf pan or 3 to 4 mini-loaf pans.
- 5Bake at 350F for 65-70 minutes for the 9-inch pan or 45-50 minutes for the mini-loaves.
- 6Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly before removing from the pans and letting cool completely on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.0
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 3.6 g