Cook1 hr 5 mins
I found this through my electric co-op magazine and boy am I ever glad I did. Truly a nice moist quick bread. The key to this bread is obtaining a dark, rich apple butter - the darker the better for flavor. I used White House Apple Butter which was wonderful and outside of my mom's fresh homemade apple butter it is the best I've tried. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the apple butter, cinnamon and cloves.
- Whisk in the water, then oil, then brown sugar, then the eggs (not all together). Mix until smooth.
- Sift together (important so you don't get white lumps in your dark bread), flour, baking soda and salt. Then combine with the apple butter mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch loaf pan or 3 to 4 mini-loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F for 65-70 minutes for the 9-inch pan or 45-50 minutes for the mini-loaves.
- Let stand for 10-15 minutes to cool slightly before removing from the pans and letting cool completely on a wire rack.