Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I've recently started making this for breakfast. The kids also like to take slices to school for a snack. Goes great with a tall glass of cold milk.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- Combine flour, sugar, and cinnamon; set aside.
- Combine eggs, butter, apple butter, and milk; beat well.
- Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Add flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5- x 3-inch loafpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F.
- for 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to wire rack and cool completely.
I generally don't buy the self-rising flour, but it's worth keeping around for this recipe. Nice flavor and texture. I did reduce the fat by 1/4 C and it still was moist enough. Thanks for posting another great recipe.
This has excellent flavor. I also had trouble with it being too dry.
I liked it but flavor was milder than I expected.