Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the cookbook "5-Ingredient Grilling", this is great on ribs or pork chops!
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup (light colored)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce, apple butter, corn syrup, and Worcestershire. Bring to boil, then remove from heat.
- Brush meat with sauce during last 10 minutes of grilling.
A friend of mine gave me a jar apple butter barbecue sauce from somewhere in Louisiana. I could not find it anywhere, online or in stores but found this recipe and it is better. I used on Cedar Plank grilled salmon. I soak the planks in apple juice before cooking. It is delicious!
Way too sweet and not nearly enough zing. Sorry will keep looking for a recipe more suited to our families taste.
Broiled a couple of chicken breast and had this on them. Nice flavor and easy to make, will have to try it again on something grilled, think the grilling may add to the flavor. Made for Football Pool 2012.