Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This makes a wonderful gift but you may want to keep it to yourself.
Make and share this Apple-butter Bars Mix (gift in a Jar) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- Cooking Instructions: Layer ingredients in a jar, in order given.
- Press each layer down before adding next.
- Instructions for Apple-Butter Bars Mix:.
- Spoon out nuts; set aside.
- Empty bar mix into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup melted butter or margarine; mix well.
- Press half of batter into a 13 x 9 x 2-inch greased pan.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups apple butter with nuts.
- Spread over batter in pan.
- Add remaining mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes or until browned.