Recipe by Christmas Carol
This recipe is a combination of a great little barbecue sauce specifically made for the burger (imagine that!) and a superb burger I came across on the internet and made a few little changes to. When I first read the ingredients for the sauce I was thinking hmmm... I don't know. But Better Homes & Gardens just knows their stuff! Burger fanatic that I am, this heavenly match has become a household favorite.
Top Review by LoveToCookFood
Great recipe you haven't had burgers until you have eaten these sweet tasty sensations since making these for the first time i have not made any other kind,note i omit the bread crumbs never cared for bread in my burger plus they stay together just fine without again truly a GREAT BURGER!!!!!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) canHunt's tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, brown sugar, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, steak sauce, ground sage, and Italian breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- For sauce combine tomato sauce, apple butter, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Grill or broil burgers for 4 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness, brushing with sauce during grilling and after flipping.
- Heat any remaining sauce just until bubbly, serve with burgers on toasted Kaiser rolls.