Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is a combination of a great little barbecue sauce specifically made for the burger (imagine that!) and a superb burger I came across on the internet and made a few little changes to. When I first read the ingredients for the sauce I was thinking hmmm... I don't know. But Better Homes & Gardens just knows their stuff! Burger fanatic that I am, this heavenly match has become a household favorite.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar, plus
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) canHunt's tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, onion, brown sugar, garlic powder, Cajun seasoning, steak sauce, ground sage, and Italian breadcrumbs.
- Form mixture into four patties.
- For sauce combine tomato sauce, apple butter, and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan.
- Bring just to boiling.
- Grill or broil burgers for 4 to 6 minutes per side or to desired doneness, brushing with sauce during grilling and after flipping.
- Heat any remaining sauce just until bubbly, serve with burgers on toasted Kaiser rolls.
Great recipe you haven't had burgers until you have eaten these sweet tasty sensations since making these for the first time i have not made any other kind,note i omit the bread crumbs never cared for bread in my burger plus they stay together just fine without again truly a GREAT BURGER!!!!!
My husband said these were some of the best burgers he has ever eaten! The whole family really liked them but I personally found them to be a bit TOO sweet. I will definitely make them again but will probably only add about 2 tbsp of brown sugar into the patties. The sauce was awesome and would be tasty on grilled pork chops as well! Definitely a keeper with some adjustments.
This is a yummy burger. Bergy's picture caught my eye and my husband and I agreed we should try this. Very glad we did. Never thought of using apple butter in a bbq sauce but it works. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I agree, BHG knows its stuff when it comes to burgers.