1/1 Photo of Apple Butter
2 hrs 15 mins
I love apple butter, and this is a great recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut apples in quarters (skins, stems and seeds can stay on).
- 2Place in medium saucepan and add water to cover apples completely.
- 3Add cloves and apple cider vinegar.
- 4Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer. Cook apples until soft, 15-20 minutes.
- 5Drain water from pan. Transfer to a medium strainer or food mill. Push through strainer or mill, back into saucepan. You should have the consistency of applesauce. Discard stems, skins, seeds and cloves.
- 6Add brown sugar and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for 2 hours to reduce consistency.
- 7Add room-temperature butter and stir until butter is melted.
- 8Pour into separate container and chill before serving.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (1314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1351.0
- Calories from Fat 573
- Total Fat 63.7 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 614.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 201.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 181.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g