Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The only apple butter recipe you'll need. The best one ever from my mother.
- 6 lbs apples, peeled and cored
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Cook apples in cider until soft.
- Mash well or put through a sieve.
- Add all other ingredients in roaster pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 3-4 hours.
- Stir frequently until thick and dark brown.
- Seal in jars or freeze.
- Freezes very well.