Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 hrs
Sugar free apple butter. Created recipe for a diabetic relative. Uses extremely sweet apples to cover for the lack of added sugar, feel free to substitute other varieties of apples.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs golden delicious apples
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fuji apples
- 1 1⁄2 lbs gala apples
- 20 ounces apple juice, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Wash and dice apples, discarding stems, and place into crock pot. Pour in apple juice. Add cinnamon.
- Cook on low for 12-16 hours or until apples are mushy.
- Puree apple in food processor. Return to crock pot and cook on low until as thick as you like, stirring occasionally.
- Can apple butter in pint jars in a water bath for 15 minutes.