Recipe by Brenda Hall
This is a very easy recipe to make and has always turned out really good for me. The apples cook up to look like applesauce and usually turn sort of dark and tastes great.
Top Review by Evelyn
I made this for my family and am so glad I did. It will definitly be a family recipe. Easy and fun. Makes the house smell great while it's cooking and is the best tasting apple butter I have ever had. Of course, that will vary with the quality of apples. But it was fun to make and although my 3 and 4 yr. old didn't appreciate it on bread they loved it as apple sauce.
- apple (enough to over fill slow cooker or 4 quart crock pot)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, core and slice enough apples to fill a 4-quart slow cooker or crock pot so full that the lid will not go down over it.
- Add vinegar; cook for 18 hours.
- If crock pot is fast cooking, cook on high for 10 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Put into blender to blend it like apple butter. Mix all together and cook 4 more hours.
- Seal in jars.