Recipe by Susie in Texas
This is very easy and surprisingly delicious. Serve warm, as is or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yummy!!
Top Review by Ghostwriter
Absolutely fantastic! The only small change I made was 1 cup of sugar instead of 1.5 cups. Tasted like something expensive you would order at a fancy restaurant but, oh, so easy to make! Thank you so much Susie.
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling (I use the "more fruit" variety)
- 8 -10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 9X13 inch cake pan, lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread approximately 1/4 cup of pie filling on each tortilla and roll up the same as enchiladas.
- Lay each side by side in pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, margarine, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Heat over med to high heat until margarine is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this sauce over the burritos.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove from oven and push burritos down into sauce; cover with foil and bake 15 more minutes.