Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is very easy and surprisingly delicious. Serve warm, as is or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yummy!!
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling (I use the "more fruit" variety)
- 8 -10 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a 9X13 inch cake pan, lightly grease or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread approximately 1/4 cup of pie filling on each tortilla and roll up the same as enchiladas.
- Lay each side by side in pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, margarine, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Heat over med to high heat until margarine is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Pour this sauce over the burritos.
- Bake 30 minutes; remove from oven and push burritos down into sauce; cover with foil and bake 15 more minutes.
Absolutely fantastic! The only small change I made was 1 cup of sugar instead of 1.5 cups. Tasted like something expensive you would order at a fancy restaurant but, oh, so easy to make! Thank you so much Susie.
This really hit the spot. I would have never thought to use flour tortillas for this but it turned out wonderful...just like apple pie. I served it to my husband with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and cup of coffee. He went crazy (I didn't tell him how easy it was to make). Thanks again, Susie in Texas, for ANOTHER great recipe. You are a good cook.