1/2 Photos of Apple Bundt Cake With Caramel Glaze
1 hr 25 mins
A wonderful very moist apple Bundt cake with a delicious caramel glaze. This cake can be completely baked and glazed a day ahead, just cover with a cake dome and let stand at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 lb apple, peeled, cored and chopped into about 1/3-inch cubes (can use more apples if desired)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 12-cup bundt pan.
- 4In a bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Sprinkle 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture into the Bundt pan and tilt pan to coat.
- 6In another bowl, place the chopped apples and 2 tablespoons of the flour mixture; toss to coat.
- 7In another bowl combine 1-1/4 cups brown sugar, 1 cup white sugar, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla; beat with an electric mixture until combined and thick (about 4 minutes).
- 8Gradually beat in the remaining flour mixture until combined.
- 9Fold in the chopped apple mixture and pecans into the batter.
- 10Transfer to prepared bundt pan.
- 11Bake for about 1 hour or until the cake tests done.
- 12Transfer the cake to a rack then prepare the caramel glaze.
- 13To make the glaze: melt butter in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 14Whisk in 1 cup brown sugar then the half and half or cream.
- 15Continue whisking until the glaze is smooth and comes to a boil.
- 16Add in 1 teaspoon vanilla, and remove from heat.
- 17Spoon about 1/4 cup of the hot glaze over the warm cake that is still in the pan.
- 18Let the cake sit for 15-20 minutes to absorb the glaze.
- 19Turn the cake onto a platter, then pour the remaining glaze over the cake.
- 20Let stand until cool (at least 1 hour) before slicing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Bundt Cake With Caramel Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.7
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.7 mg
- Sodium 414.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 62.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g