Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I have to make this cake at least once a month for my family . I sometimes leave the walnuts out and even without the nuts this cake is a HIT. I use Fiji apples for this cake.
- 2 cups apples, peeled,cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar, for decoration
- all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix apples, cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients, mix well.
- Grease bundt pan.
- Add 1/3 of batter mixture to the pan.
- Sprinkle half of the apple mixture over the batter then follow with 1/3 batter, and then add rest of apples and top with rest of batter.
- Bake for 55- 60 minutes.
Tried this wonderful recipie today and i wasn't dissapointed when i tried it. A lovely moist cake, which looks great when you cut it, with those chunks of apple and cinnamon, my favourite spice. I left out the walnuts as my kids don't like nuts, a cake i will be making again and again..thankyou for sharing it lvtobake
Moist, delicious, spicy. Mix was very stiff, but cooked nice and moist. I did not add walnuts either, but only because I did not have any. Next time I will add walnuts or pecans.
I give this cake 5 stars as well as my roomate, friend and coworkers. It was moist and crunchy. I enjoyed with milk but the coworkers had theirs with coffee. I will make again and probably add even more walnuts! I picked this recipe while looking for the similiar cake a family friend baked for my dad on numerous occasions when I was a young child. I didn't share with dad this time but promised him I would bake the entire cake for him on his January 6th birthday!