Recipe by Cindy Rose
Easy to put together and very good! Recipe from the Daily Herald. You do not need to peel the apples. Clean and remove blemishes on apples and chop to 1/3 inch pieces or smaller. You need about 3 medium apples. Serve plain, with a dusting of powerded sugar or a dab of whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups fine chopped apples
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a 10-inch bundt or tube pan (even it if is non-stick).
- Put sugar, eggs, oil and salt in mixing bowl and beat for 2 minutes.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and cinnamon with a whisk. Add flour mixture in three batches to egg mixture and mix afer each addition.
- Fold in apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out on serving plate to finish cooling.