Recipe by Sarah Chana
A lovely dessert presentation and oh so easy to make! I got this from a friend who was selling cookware products, including those nifty apple peeler-corer-slicer things. She used this to prove to me why I just HAD to have one of those gadgets. It worked (though I must admit that I haven't touched the gadget in ages, but it isn't necessary for this recipe).
- 1 sheet puff pastry (1/2 of a 17 oz box of sheets)
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut pastry sheet in half, and then into 1/2" strips.
- Peel, core, and thinly slice apples horizontally. Cut the slices into half, so that each one is a half-moon shape.
- Wrap a strip of pastry round each slice of apple.
- Lay in the bottom of a deep dish casserole in concentric circles, single layer (like a fruit tart).
- Pour orange juice over everything.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 350F for 30-45 minutes.