Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These were a hit with my 4 critics, so had to post!
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml flour, plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled & diced
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.
- Add the egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl and then add to the wet, mixing well.
- Stir in the apples and nuts last.
- The dough will be stiff.
- grease an 8x8" baking pan, then spread dough in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.