Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These were a hit with my 4 critics, so had to post!
Make and share this Apple Brownies II recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour, plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled & diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.
- Add the egg.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in another bowl and then add to the wet, mixing well.
- Stir in the apples and nuts last.
- The dough will be stiff.
- grease an 8x8" baking pan, then spread dough in the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cool before cutting into squares.