Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped apple, peeled
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt; stir in apples and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 9x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
The flavor was like carmel. These were very cakey. Only one out of 7 children liked these.
Quite yummy! I've made these a few times, and always have to bake these about 60 minutes, but boy are they easy, and delicious! Thanks for a great keeper recipe!
These were terrific! They baked up just like a chocolate brownie - moist and chewy on the inside, with a thin slightly crispy layer on the top. The apple flavor was yummy and they made a delicious holiday treat!