Recipe by The Nocturnal Baker
Baked apples and cinnamon with a buttery crunchy topping. The perfect dessert to serve with Ice Cream,Crème fraîche or Whipped Cream.
- 4 medium apples, Peeled and sliced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, Plain
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated or 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 -4 tablespoons fruit juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix bread crumbs, butter, orange peel, sugar, and cinnamon. Place half of the sliced apples in a buttered baking dish.
- Cover with half of the bread crumb mixture.
- Add remaining apple slices and cover with remaining crumb mixture. Moisten with fruit juice.
- Bake at 375° for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is brown and crispy.
- Serve hot or cold with Crème fraîche,whipped cream or ice cream.