1/3 Photos of Apple Brown Betty
1 hr 25 mins
DBMNMR Recipe - Gale Gand - Update: 9/15/2006 adopted from the Recipezaar account. Original author = Mean Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Peel, core and slice apples.
- 3Place the bread slices in a food processor and blend to make fresh crumbs or finely chop it up.
- 4Rub a 1-quart baking dish thickly with butter then sprinkle liberally with brown sugar.
- 5Add alternating layers of sliced apples, sugar, and bread crumbs, then repeat, ending with bread crumbs.
- 6Thickly sprinkle with sugar and dot with extra butter.
- 7Sprinkle on the water.
- 8Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until well browned on the top.
- 9Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Brown Betty
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.3
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 328.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 58.9 g
- Protein 3.4 g