Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a great recipe if you hard Birds Custard powder.
- 50 g bird's custard powder
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1 liter milk
- 20 slices white bread
- 150 g butter
- apple, and
- fruit filling
- 50 g brown sugar
- Preheat oven 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Mix the Bird’s Custard Powder with the granulated sugar in 200ml of the milk.
- Bring the rest of the milk to the boil.
- Stir the boiling milk into the custard mixture, mix well and return to the pan. Bring to the boil stirring all of the time and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Reserve to one side.
- Spread the bread thickly with butter and cut each slice into 4 triangles (Crusts removed).
- Butter a 3 litre oven dish, and line with some of the bread (approx. 15 slices) butter side down.
- Cover with the apple and blackberry pie filling, followed by the custard.
- Top with the remaining bread (approx. 5 slices), butter side up and top with the brown sugar.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for a further 10 minutes until crisp and golden.