Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe in the paper and decided this is going to be one of my desserts for our Family's Reunion. I love anything with apples and this just sounds tasty.
- 4 medium apples, cored & sliced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon grated oranges or 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- Mix bread crumbs, butter, orange or lemon peel, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Place half of the sliced apples in a buttered 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Cover with half of the bread crumb mixture.
- Add remaining apple slices and cover with remaining crumb mixture.
- Moisten with apple juice.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold with cream, whipped topping, or ice cream.