Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Trying to get rid of apples this is the one to make. This is my hubbys favorite.
- 4 -6 large apples
- 1 cup sugar (1/2 cup for sweeter apples)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Slice and core apples in baking dish; sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over apples.
- Cream butter: stir in flour and brown sugar.
- Spread smoothly over apples.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve warm.
- (GREAT WITH ICE CREAM or plain).
I love this one because I rarely have breadcrumbs on hand... this is just right for a quick fall weeknight...
This recipe was easy and sooo tasty! Definite comfort food. I loved the crunchy topping with the soft sweet apples. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting!
We used this recipe for our Once A Month Cooking group, and it turned out wonderful! Thank you.