Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 large granny smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut apples into 1/4 inch slices and place in a bowl.
- Combine with granulated sugar and flour.
- Brush a 9 X 13 inch pan with some butter and sprinkle bottom with 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup granulated sugar over breadcrumbs and top with half the apples.
- Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.Drizzle top with remaining butter and sprinkle evenly with superfine sugar.
- Bake on middle rack in oven until bubbling and browned, about 45 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- Cut into squares and serve warm or at room temperature. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My mom used to make this - and I loved it so much I would eat myself sick. Only diference is that she didn't use the superfine sugar - just more of the regular. Yum!