Recipe by Sara in FL
This recipe is so easy and delicious! I made it yesterday for the first time and it came out wonderful. It didn't last long at all!! : ) I'm planning on serving this for Thanksgiving. Hope you enjoy it! PS: I think this tastes great on its' own, but if you want extra decadence, add some caramel topping (the kind you find in the ice cream section in your grocery store) .
- 6 large apples (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- caramel topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice apples.
- Place apples into a large bowl filled with water and the lemon juice to keep them from browning.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, cinnamon sugar and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter with a knife and press together with your fingers until crumbly.
- Lay apples in a greased pie plate.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.